Solo this year

I'm three-peating this year and walking in Michigan.



Be sure to click on the walk summaries to read about Chicago & San Fran.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Just Walking In The Rain

I visited my very wonderful friends, Mike and Debbie in Seattle this past Memorial Day Weekend (Hey Guys!!) and while there, Debbie and I walked around Green Lake twice. (Once around is 2.8 miles.) And since we were in Seattle, of course it rained on the walk. I am conflicted about walking in the rain during training. One, I don't want to get sick and possibly derail further training and two, wet feet and socks are not good for keeping blisters away. I may have to find an indoor track that I can use (for free) but not the mall since I don't want the temptation (possibly not free). Lucky for me it typically does not rain much in Spokane (she says while typing this during a typhoon). Ideas??

4 comments:

  1. I didn't train in the rain last year. I walked on the treadmill.

    Course than it rained on me in Chicago last year. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain during the event I can tolerate but not during training. I don't have a treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to the Spokane arena. they must have free events once in a while

    ReplyDelete